Happy New Year! We all spent a little too much this holiday (I know I did... $14 on a New Years Eve tequila shot? Oops!). Now we are all trying to play catch up on our credit card bills. Let's be real though... no one wants to be a hermit.
You don't have to! Here are some cheap January date ideas that will make your bank account feel better, and still get you out of the house.
- What: Build a sled out of cardboard using only tape, string, garbage bags, glue, and cardboard, then race it down the mountain to win great prizes.
- Where: Mt. Norquay – in the Tube Park
- When: Friday, January 22 at 6 p.m.
- Cost: $10
- What: Take a road trip to the mountains, breathe fresh air, and get some much needed exercise after all the festive food and drinks over the holidays
- When: Whenever
- Where: Our preferred snow shoe trail is Troll Falls
- Cost: $15 for snowshoe rentals at MEC
- What: An outing to a local board game cafe is cheaper than a long night at the bar and is a great option for curbing those awkward silences when you're still getting to know each other.
- Where: Pips Board Game Cafe - 2015 33 Ave SW
- When: They have started Happy Hour Monday to Friday from 4pm to 6pm! $1 Off draft beer, cocktails and highballs. Great way to wind down you day!
- Cost: Free with purchase of coffee or drinks
4. Flames Game
- What: Feel free to act like a kid again by strapping on some rollerblades or roller-skates.
- Where: Lloyds Recreation - 7520 Macleod
- When: Mondays are Loonie/Twonnie Night from 7:30-10pm
- Cost: General admission + $3 rollerblade/skate rentals