You blink and there is a new restaurant, an event or activity you have to try out. How are you expected to keep up? Well One & Only is here to keep you in the know (but not overwhelm you), to ensure you keep your dates fresh.
Here is a cheat list of what's happen' in #YYC this March that you should schedule into your calendars.
1. FOODIES, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!
- What: The Big Taste - Calgary's biggest foodie festival is back! More than 85 restaurants are participating in this festival and offering three-course menus at several price points (a small price to pay for a bunch of delicious). Set lunches are either $15 or $25 per person, set dinners are $25 or $35 per person, and the gourmet Big Taste option (this has five courses instead of three) costs $65.
- Where: Various restaurants around Calgary
- When: March 3 - 12
2. RELAX WITH A GLASS OF WINE... OR TWO...
- What: Grape Escape - Features of a wide range of international wines, beer and spirits. To keep festival attendees fed and satisfied, some of Calgary's top food trucks will be on hand to sell their own products as well. Get your tickets before they sell out.
- Where: BMO Centre
- When: Saturday, March 25th
3. TAKE TO THE STAGE
- What: Alice In Wonderland - Lewis Carroll's likeable heroine Alice, along with the other characters of Alice in Wonderland like the Queen of Hearts, the Hatter and the Cheshire Cat, come to the Calgary stage this March. The production choreographed by Edmund Stripe is a visual delight, with colourful sets and costumes as magical as the story itself, and choreography that expertly tells the tale. This production is one of Alberta Ballet's biggest hits. Tickets start at $24.
- Where: Alberta Ballet
- When: March 16 - 18
4. LET'S LAUGH
- What: Comedy Show - Goddamm Millennials - Is a stand-up comedy show made for, and by, those titular forsaken young folk who came of age in the early 21st century. Attend this show if you like tattoos, craft beer and other commonly held stereotypes about people under 35.
- Where: Wine-Ohs
- When: March 23
5. TRY SOMETHING NEW
- What: Try out a new restaurant in #YYC! Check out Bridgette Bar, a new, chef-driven bar in the heart of Calgary's Design District. Come in, stay awhile. Make a reservation now.
- Where: 729 10 Ave SW
- When: Tuesday - Sunday 11am until 1am. Closed Mondays.