Accordingly to the hit movie 'He's Just Not That Into You',"If a guy wants to be with you, he will make it happen no matter what." And we couldn't agree more! You deserve someone that gives a shit about you. If they don't, they aren't worth your time. Plain and simple!
But on top of that, ask yourself these simple questions when dating someone new, or someone who has been around for awhile. Do you have similar values and beliefs about the world? Do you have fun together? Can you be spontaneous? Do you think your partner is hot? Do you like to travel together? Does each person think the other is bright? Are you good at solving problems together?
The more questions you ask yourself and your significant other, and the more specific you can be, the more you'll be able to decipher your true compatibility.
According to the Daily Mail, there are five ways in which compatible healthy couples connect:
1. Commitment: Both parties are committed to each other and their relationship, where both parties sharing the same level of values.
2. Consideration: Compatible couples never forget the importance of their relationship, and make sure to be considerate and present for their partner. This includes considering another person’s happiness before one’s own, and learning lessons from previous relationships.
3. Keeping things fresh and youthful: While a couple may age, they make sure their relationship stays youthful. Meaning, be spontaneous and open to learning new things.
4. Having sense of humor: A sense of humor can bind a couple together, help release frustration and tension, and simply be fun.
5. Being intimate with each other every day: You don’t have to have sex every day, but showing intimacy with touch or a gesture, or really listening when your partner is expressing their feelings, shows true compatibility.
Couples who connect with each other on a variety of levels, and share many of the same personality traits and values, have a greater likelihood of going the distance in their healthy relationship.