Spring into April with a list of What's Happenin' events to check out this month.
1. SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE
- What: Saddle Up For Men's Health - Calgary's Prostate Cancer Centre and YYC Cycle Spin Studio have partnered up to raise funds for the centre. The event allows participants to sponsor a team, or participate by riding individually or as a team, and set a fundraising goal. A silent auction and an on-site PSA testing for men over 40 is also included in the fundraiser. Merchants Restaurant and Bar will host the after-party.
- Where: YYC Cycle in Marda Loop
- When: April 1 from 2pm - 10pm
2. DOCUMENT IT
- What: Doc Soup - Each month, in partnership between CIFF and Hot Docs, a different talked-about documentary is screened. This month - Black Code. Watch the Trailer HERE.
- Where: Cineplex Eau Claire
- When: April 5 at 7pm
3. LET'S BRUNCH
- What: Easter Sunday Brunch at Fairmont Springs - You can choose from a grand buffet in the Riverview Lounge, complete with carving stations and a complimentary mimosa for adults. Or, opt for a more intimate experience in the Waldhaus dining room, with an a la carte menu. There's also the option to have an Easter afternoon tea.
- Where: Fairmont Banff Springs
- When: April 6
- Riverview brunch: 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Waldhaus Brunch: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Afternoon Tea: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m..
4. GEEK OUT
- What: Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo - The four-day pop culture event includes guest appearances, panels and workshops, and shopping at hundreds of vendors’ booths. This show is for comic books lovers, and especially anyone interested in genres like science fiction, horror, fantasy and animation.
- Where: Stampede Park
- When: April 27 - 30
- Thursday 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. BITE INTO IT SOMETHING DELICIOUS
- What: Vegan treats, such as brownies, cupcakes, pizza buns, sausage rolls and more, will be on sale at the Community Natural Foods at the Chinook Station Market. All proceeds support The Alice Sanctuary (a non-profit providing care for rescued, surrendered and abandoned farm animals) and the Free Spirit Sanctuary (a non-profit lifelong sanctuary for domestic and wild horses, donkeys and mules).
- Where: Community Natural Foods at the Chinook Station Market
- When: April 29